Focus on the Continuous Improvement Process: Blended Faculty Development in Adapting and Authoring Open Content in the Affordable Course Transformation
Concurrent Session 3
Learn about the planning, execution, evaluation, and the continuous improvement process of the Affordable Course Transformation, a blended faculty development program on adaption and authoring of open education resources.
Our university has been providing an opportunity for faculty at all campus locations to participate in a blended faculty development program called the Affordable Course Transformation. This provost funded initiative is currently in it’s second offering and the support team is ready to share the valuable lessons learned with others regarding the logistics and best practices of designing, developing, delivering and evaluating a hybrid faculty professional development program for faculty who are adapting and authoring open resources for use by students across the state.
During the session we will engage the audience in polls and discussions regarding the planning, execution, evaluation, and improvement process of a hybrid faculty development program that is based heavily on faculty feedback. We will talk about the tools that we have used for project management, communication, evaluation, and the technology that faculty are using to create and deliver open educational resources to their students.
At the end of the session we will discuss the modifications that we have made for Round Three based on the faculty evaluations and our own experiences and observations in Rounds One and Round Two.
- At the conclusion of our session Participants will be able to:
- Identify the history and rationale of the Faculty Development Program
- Explain how a Canvas Master Course is used for project management and communication
- Identify the features and functions that makes Pressbooks a versatile and intuitive open resource authoring tool available for faculty authors
- Describe how evaluation has served as the driver for the improvement process in revising the execution of a hybrid professional development program on adapting and authoring open educational resources
Session participants will be provided with faculty development materials from the program shared in an online Pressbook.