US-SINO Online Higher Education Forum 2019
Workshop Session 1
Join us for the US-SINO Online Higher Education Forum 2019 as part of the OLC Accelerate conference. In the this forum, you will have opportunities to learn, discuss and share best practices in online and digital learning with high level representatives from Greater China’s global institutions.US-Sino Online Higher Education (USOHE) was founded by CMSquared in 2016 with the objective of enhancing academic collaboration between US and China for online higher education. In 2017, the first annual USOHE conference was organized in partnership with Shenzhen University in Shenzhen city, China. USOHE 2018 and USOHE 2019 took place in Shanghai in partnership with OLC and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
US-Sino Online Higher Education (USOHE) was founded by CMSquared in 2016 with the objective of enhancing academic collaboration between US and China for online higher education. In 2017, the first annual USOHE conference was organized in partnership with Shenzhen University in Shenzhen city, China. USOHE 2018 and USOHE 2019 took place in Shanghai in partnership with OLC and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
This November, CMSquared is partnering with OLC, the University of Florida, Digital Worlds Institute, and Shanghai Jiaotong University to host our first US based USOHE conference in Orlando and in Gainesville. USOHE 2019 will take place over a span of two half-day events in Orlando with OLC and in Gainesville with University of Florida.
Wednesday, November 20th | 9:00am – 12:00pm ET(Orlando FL)
- Keynote presentation by Mr. Song Yi – Deputy Director of China’s Ministry of Education
- Keynote presentation by Professor Jianwei Jiang, Head of SJTU’s MOOC Office
- China – US expert panel, moderated by Charlie Nguyen with presidents and leaders of several US and China universities to share insights into the following topics:
- The development of online education in China
- How to develop deep partnership around online education between China and US
- The role of new technologies in online education for US-Sino
- The demand and cooperation models for US-Sino degree programs and skill-based training
Thursday, November 21st | 9:00am – 12:00pm ET (Gainesville FL)
- Visit to UF Digital Worlds and experience PICT – UF’s smart classroom technology
- Visit to UF Online
- Visit to UF’s School of Engineering
- Keynote Presentations by UF’s Deans
In this interactive and informative forum, our speakers will discuss how quality in digital learning is addressed in Greater China and potential for US-China collaboration in online education. You will then have an opportunity to collaborate with other higher education professionals, to identify solutions to current problems and future trends in digital learning.
About CMSquared LLC | A mission driven, global strategic advisory firm with deep experience in launching and expanding global technology enabled education for universities in US and Asia. We are driven and obsessed to fulfill our mission ‘Educate and Connect’.
About Shanghai Jiaotong University | Directly under the ownership of China’s Ministry of Education, SJTU is one of the most famous universities. SJTU is ranked #6 in China and recognized as one of the Global Top 100. After 123 years of remitting efforts, SJTU has become a comprehensive, research-oriented and internationalized first class university in China.
About University of Florida | Ranked #35 in National University and #8 Top Ten Public University by US World News and Ranking