Turn Your iPhone/iPad/Android App Idea into Reality!
Concurrent Session 4
You know your app idea is the next Angry Birds! Come learn from the creator of Alge-Bingo, an iPhone/iPad/Android app that won the 2012 National STEM Challenge, how to turn that idea into a reality and get your app developed and into the App Store.
You know that you have the next Angry Birds out there in your brain! Come learn how to turn that app idea into the reality of being in the App Store.
Learn from a 30-year classroom veteran and creator of Alge-Bingo, an iPhone/iPad and Android app, on how to get your app developed. Alge-Bingo won the 2012 National STEM Challenge in the High School Educator Division which included a $10,000 cash prize and a trip to Washington D.C. to receive the award from the main sponsor of the competition, Sesame Street. This session will discuss several options for the process of getting an idea for an iPhone/iPad/Android app through the development process and into a reality of being published into the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store.
The path of finding online tools that will help in the process of discovering developers and the opportunities of obtaining quotes from them for developing your app ideas will be outlined in detail. The session will also cover the costs involved for these services and what you can realistically expect to make on an app in the App Store including the marketing and development costs.
We will also discuss multiple software options for actually creating the app yourself in terms of coding it, testing it, and submitting it to the App Store.
Outline of topics to be covered:
- Using appmuse.com to post ideas and discover professional developers that are willing to quote bids on what it would cost to develop your app idea.
- The process of developing your app idea into a step-by-step algorithm for your developer to follow.
- Web sites to use for Non-disclosure agreements, contracts, development progress, etc.
- Software options for creating your own app by way of actually coding it yourself and testing it for readiness to be submitted to the App Store. We will include tools that will simultaneously create apps for the iPhone/iPad and the Android side.
- Submitting your app to the App Store and the Android Market including what you need to do BEFORE you create these accounts and submit your app!
- Once your app is in the store, how to market it and maintain updates.