Something To Talk About: Apps and Hacks
Concurrent Session 8
There has never been a more exciting time to be in online education. In a climate of teaching apps and learning hacks, there is much to gain from leveraging technology for the purpose of improved classroom experience. Join the conversation around current trends and emerging technologies and benefit from the requisite buzz of ideas that an Innovate conference affords.
Using a community of practice (CoP) framework, this session seeks to encourage the collective ideas of its participants with the goal of curating technology for student success.
We will ask and answer questions, such as:
- How are our institutions helping students become independent learners?
- Are we becoming curators of success tools?
- Are we building libraries of online supports?
- Are we providing subscriptions for writing and grammar assistance?
- Are we offering online tutoring?
- Do we evaluate online readiness?
- Do we offer study skills and testing preparation?
These are known 21st century learner needs. Technologies uniquely designed to address these needs exist. Educational technology that supports classroom efforts is not just a good idea – it’s a principal piece of the educational needs of the learners of today and tomorrow. So, what are we, as leaders in education and innovators in our field, doing to curate tools and support services for our students?
This session offers engaging discussion about building bridges across divisions for the benefit of students. It concludes with a take-away link to the various tools curated during the session.