Research Summit: Part 2 - What Are Our Research Questions? How Do We Find Our Answers?
Concurrent Session 4
Have you ever wanted to design a research study, but didn’t know how to get started? This session will provide participants with the opportunity to brainstorm research questions they are interested in exploring and identify strategies they can leverage to find their answers!
We’ve all been in that moment--the one where the articles you’ve read on a subject don’t quite answer your question or you want to understand how technology impacts the learning experience at your own university. But, how do you get started?
This 45-minute session will provide an overview of the research process, as well as the approaches and strategies you can leverage to answer your burning questions related to digital, blended, and online learning. More specifically, during this session you can expect to learn about and get tips on:
Conducting literature reviews;
- Designing research questions;
- Choosing methodological approaches (i.e., is quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods right for my question?); and
- Utilizing strategies (e.g., surveys, focus groups) to collect information.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Brainstorm research questions you may be interested in pursuing;
- Determine which methodological approach supports answering your research question(s); and
- Identify strategies that can support you in finding the answers you seek!
During the session participants will be provided a collaborative document with additional resources and opportunities to reflect and collaborate with other session participants to advance their research work.