Putting Student Care Into Context And Action
Concurrent Session 1
Looking for easy ways to put caring for students at the center of your teaching and design efforts? Join us as we bring together experienced educators to share their stories, tips, and tricks for promoting care and connection in courses.
Over the past year the higher education teaching and learning community has seen unprecedented shifts to blended and online learning to preserve academic continuity in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. While the year has been challenging, much has been learned about the importance of caring for students and strategies to support their success--both inside and outside of the classroom, wherever that might be!
Join us as we bring together leaders from the higher education teaching, learning, and support community to answer key questions like:
- Why do we need to put care at the center of our course design and teaching efforts?
- What easy to implement strategies can be used as a course is designed to promote caring and connection?
- What can be done during a course to promote caring and connection?
- How can we use technology to humanize and connect to students?
By participating in this session, you will:
- Explore the importance of caring as courses are designed and taught;
- Identify at least one strategy that can be used to promote caring as courses are designed;
- Identify at least one strategy that can be used during teaching that can be leveraged to promote caring; and
- Identify at least one technology strategy that can be used to humanize and connect with students.