Designing, Implementing, & Scaling An Online Course Quality Review & Refresh Process With OSCQR
Concurrent Session 5 & 6 (combined)
Develop an implementation plan for your online course quality review and refresh initiative using OSCQR, OLC’s online course quality scorecard. Gain access to free openly licensed tools and resources to support your larger-scale online course review initiative to systematically review and refresh the instructional design and accessibility of online courses and programs.
In this workshop participants will be provided with all the information and tools necessary to create an implementation plan for their larger-scale online course quality initiative. Participants will be guided in the creation of an implementation plan to systematically review and refresh the instructional design and accessibility of online courses and programs. Participants will leave with an implementation plan template and all the information, and resources and understanding necessary to tailor it to their individual context, and the scope and scale of their online quality initiative. Access to the tools and resources needed to implement their project are provided, and best practices in implementing a larger scale online course quality review and refresh initiative will be reviewed and discussed.
This workshop is designed to address 3 key objectives:
- Provide an overview and orientation to an implementation planning framework that they can customize and use to develop a comprehensive online quality assurance implementation plan.
- Provide an opportunity to think about and discuss individual institutional contexts. Key questions will include: What model of course review will work best for the scope, scale, and context of your initiative? What is your timeline? Who are your stakeholders? What policies and institutional organizational structures or procedures have to be taken into account for any aspect of your initiative?
- Provide access to and overview of the OSCQR tools and resources that can be used to implement and track larger-scale online course quality initiatives. These include the OSCQR dashboard, the OSCQR rubric, and the OSCQR resource site.
- Receive an implementation plan template that you will use to create your own individualized plan.
- Gain access to OSCQR self-assessment rubric for use in team reviews.
- Gain access to OSCQR online dashboard to manage larger scale online course quality review initiatives.
- Receive an overview and orientation to the tools, resources, process, and best practices for conducting a larger scale online course quality review and refresh initiative.
Participants will earn the Designing an OSCQR Implementation Plan badge. This workshop assumes a familiarity and some experience with online course reviews, and/or OSCQR, and is not intended to dive deeply into OSCQR standards, how to use OSCQR, or how conduct an online course quality review.