Using Technology in Advising
Join a panel of experts in the field of distance learning advising for a webinar on Using Technology in Advising. In this discussion, steps on applying the Pillars of Academic Advising to technology in advising will be reviewed. Participants will also learn how to to make effective data-driven intervention decisions for distance learning students as well as learn more about the technology tools available for academic advising.
Sponsored by the Online Learning Consortium and NACADA, this is the second webinar in the series on Advising for the Distance Learning Student.
Topics to be covered include:
• Overview of the Pillars of Academic Advising
• Making data-driven intervention decisions
• Administrative concerns related to using technology in advising
• Technology tool for advising
• Identifying goals and needs as welling as making smart decisions
- Gates Bryant – Partner, Tyton Partners
- Jennifer Joslin, Ph.D. – Associate Director for Content Development, NACADA
- Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D. – Director, Strategic Partnerships, Online Learning Consortium
- George Steele – Higher Education Consultant, NACADA
- Victoria Voelkel-Sanders – Academic Advisor II, Dedicated Military Advisor, Georgia State University