Blackboard OPEN Focus Group - What does it take to create a best-in-class experience for originality checking?
Concurrent Session 4
Please RSVP HERE to join this open focus group. Everyone is invited but space is limited - RSVP today.
More and more higher education courses are requiring researched-based writing a required portion of the course. Writing papers and utilizing sources is no longer just the concern of the English department. Colleges and Universities are addressing writing issues institution-wide. Providing students and instructors with tools to address students’ writing continues to be a major challenge for campuses in the US and globally.
This focus group will discuss features in digital solutions that are used promote originality and to create opportunities to help students identify how to properly attribute sources.
Let’s explores topics such as:
- What makes a tool effective as both a deterrent and an educational tool?
- What is needed for a robust infrastructure that is forward thinking in the areas of security and data encryption?
- The importance of academic integrity to an institution’s reputation
- Accessibility when it comes to plagiarism checker tools
- What messaging grasps higher education executives when considering these needs?
- And much, much, more.
Join us as we welcome your feedback and suggestions on an exciting new project!