We cordially invite senior leaders and their trusted advisors to join us in Washington, DC this fall for a remarkable opportunity to learn, collaborate, and network. Prior to our larger community gathering at OLC Accelerate (October 24-27), we are thrilled to announce the second annual OLC Leadership Network Symposium. This symposium will bring together trailblazers and influential voices in our field, fostering discussions and debates about our digital learning futures. Together, we will determine our top priorities for the upcoming year, addressing the most significant challenges and opportunities facing our field.
The Leadership Symposium is a highly collaborative one-day event specifically tailored for senior leaders. It aims to collectively identify areas that require our focused attention in addressing the ubiquitous challenges and promising opportunities for creating equitable, inclusive, and quality online and blended education. The symposium builds upon the success of our previous Leadership Network events and responds to the requests from senior leaders for a dedicated meeting space. This year’s symposium attendees will address critical questions in the following tracks:
- Digital Strategy & Policy: What are the key strategic areas of focus that leaders need to prioritize in the current higher education landscape to improve the efficacy and impact of digital strategy and policy? Attendees will learn from experts in the field and gain practical insights into aligning digital strategy and policy with institutional priorities.
- Emerging Leaders: How do emerging and seasoned digital leaders partner to build leadership capacity? This track will provide opportunities for attendees to share experiences and learn from each other’s successes and challenges in developing effective digital leadership strategies and inclusive pathways to leadership. Topics will include managing change, fostering innovation, and leading with purpose.
- Equitable and Inclusive Digital Learning Leadership: How can leaders create equitable and inclusive digital learning environments that promote the dimensions of diversity across the educational landscape? This track will explore strategies for transforming practices to support all learners, including addressing systemic barriers and endemic inequities, promoting inclusive pedagogy, and fostering resilient community engagement.
- Student Experience: How can leaders improve the student experience throughout the student lifecycle, from the moment students enter the institution to credential completion? This track will explore strategies for providing entering students with adequate preparation and support within and beyond the classroom to make informed decisions and navigate major milestones.
- Workforce Education: How can leaders align new programs and program redevelopment with the needs of the labor market to best prepare learners for the future of work? This track will explore how to structure skills alignment and attainment, and develop meaningful partnerships with the workforce. Attendees will learn strategies for developing programs that meet the evolving needs of our future workforce, including reskilling and upskilling opportunities.
This year’s symposium promises a truly engaging experience, featuring a keynote address, panel discussions, and numerous networking opportunities. Do not miss out on this unique and prestigious event, where you can connect with leaders from around the world and gain valuable insights into critical topics. We eagerly anticipate your presence at the symposium!
Morgan Johnson, Symposium Chair, University of Arizona Global Campus
Katie Fife Schuster, Director of Global Events, Online Learning Consortium
Angela Gunder, Chief Academic Officer, Online Learning Consortium
Unlocking Opportunity: An Equity-First Approach to Digital Strategy
As leaders seeking to elevate digital strategy to provide more equitable and inclusive learning environments, it is imperative that we build our capacity to identify an equity-first approach for evaluating and assessing our existing and future efforts to support higher levels of student success. How does the current higher education landscape influence decision-making and policy development for digital strategy? What are promising approaches for supporting the development of leaders and teams to achieve defined digital learning goals? This keynote will provide an overview of equity-centered approaches for unlocking opportunities that advance digital strategy.
Dr. Tia Brown McNair is the Vice President in the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Student Success and Executive Director for the Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation (TRHT) Campus Centers at the American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) in Washington, DC. She oversees both funded projects and AAC&U’s continuing programs on equity, inclusive excellence, high-impact practices, and student success. McNair directs AAC&U’s Summer Institutes on High-Impact Practices and Student Success, and TRHT Campus Centers and serves as the project director for several AAC&U initiatives, including the development of a TRHT-focused campus climate toolkit. She is the lead author of From Equity Talk to Equity Walk: Expanding Practitioner Knowledge for Racial Justice in Higher Education (January 2020) and Becoming a Student-Ready College: A New Culture of Leadership for Student Success (July 2016 and August 2022 Second edition).
Full-day Pre-conference Event
|Tuesday, October 24, 2023|
|7:45 AM – 8:30 AM ET||Registration & Check-in|
|8:30 AM – 9:30 AM ET||Welcome & Opening Keynote||Unlocking Opportunity: An Equity-First Approach to Digital Strategy
Dr. Tia Brown McNair (American Association of Colleges and Universities)
|9:45 AM – 10:45 AM ET||Concurrent Session 1||
|10:45 AM – 11:00 AM ET||Break|
|11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET||Concurrent Session 2||
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET||Networking Lunch|
|1:15 PM – 2:15 PM ET||Concurrent Session 3||
|2:15 PM – 2:45 PM ET||Break|
|2:45 PM – 4:00 PM ET||Closing Plenary Panel & Wrap-up|
|5:00 PM – 6:00 PM ET||Evening Event||Leadership Network Symposium Reception|
*Schedule is subject to change
- All sessions are held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center (Washington, DC)
- All sessions are considered BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- All sessions are in US Eastern Time Zone
Reserve your seat today – select the register button below.
The Leadership Network Symposium is available as an add-on event ticket for the onsite attendees of OLC Accelerate 2023. Select the Leadership Network Symposium agenda item on the OLC Accelerate 2023 registration page to reserve your seat.
The price of the symposium also includes a one-year membership in the OLC Leadership Network, with access to exclusive events, reports, publications, and networking opportunities from November 2023 – November 2024.
To encourage active dialogue and actionable next steps, registration will be limited to no more than 150 participants.
If you already registered for OLC Accelerate and would like to add the Symposium to your existing registration, or if you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
|OLC Member||OLC Non-Member|
|Leadership Network Symposium||$550*||$550*|
*This represents the registration cost for the Leadership Network Symposium, regardless of whether it’s purchased as a stand-alone registration or as an add-on item to your OLC Accelerate conference registration. After completing the first registration for the combined conference and the Leadership Network Symposium add-on ticket, up to 9 additional registrations from the same institution are eligible for a $100 discount each. Please reach out to email@example.com for further information.
Sign up to receive updates on Online Learning Consortium events, awards and conferences, including the Leadership Network Symposium, OLC Innovate, OLC Accelerate, and opportunities to present your work.