Join speaker Dr. Bucky Dodd from ClearKinetic for this featured workshop, “Future-Ready Competencies for Blended Teaching in Higher Education.”
Future-Ready Competencies for Blended Teaching in Higher Education
- Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm CT
- Location: Yellow Rose Ballroom + Zoom
This unique, interactive workshop involves participants in co-creating a competency framework for blended teaching in higher education. Building on Charles Graham’s work in K-12 education settings, the goal of this workshop is to collaboratively create a competency model prototype for guiding leadership and faculty development for blended learning in higher education. We will use design thinking methods for supporting ideation, concept development, and collaboration. This workshop is a learning-through-doing experience, meaning you will be an active co-creator and contributor to the workshop outcomes.
- The workshop will use the following principles for guiding collaboration:
- Through facilitated collaboration processes, create a prototype competency model for blended teaching in higher education
- Develop foundational and specialized competencies for blended teaching in higher education
- Create user stories that illustrate the application of each competency in practice
- Anticipate how change, innovation, and disruption may influence the competency model over time
- Identify practical opportunities for using the competency model to advance blended teaching in higher education
Each workshop participant will have access to the portfolio of collaboration artifacts developed during the workshop.
Speaker: Bucky Dodd, Ph.D., ClearKinetic
Bucky Dodd, Ph.D. is the Chief Executive Officer and Principal Consultant at ClearKinetic, a boutique consultancy specializing in creating one-of-a-kind education and training solutions. As a creative designer, master facilitator, and results-driven strategist, Dr. Dodd brings a wealth of experience and expertise to developing education and training solutions that unify sound learning and business practices. He has been recognized internationally for his consulting and design expertise and has a proven record of leading innovation initiatives in associations, corporate, government, and education organizations.
- All sessions are held at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center (Dallas, TX)
- All sessions are considered BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).
- Sessions will be available via live broadcasting from the onsite conference. You must be a registered attendee (onsite or virtual) in order to view these sessions live or on-demand.
- All sessions are in US Central Time Zone.