The Online Learning Consortium and MERLOT invite you to submit
A proposal for presentation at OLC Innovate and OLC Velocity 2021: Education Reimagined, to be held virtually (March 9-18, 2021) and onsite (March 18-20, 2021) at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center in Denver, Colorado. OLC and MERLOT are proud to create opportunities for our community that keep our connections strong regardless of challenges that prevent us from collaborating in traditional ways. As we continue to navigate through the many uncertainties presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve made our Call for Presentations flexible in terms of presentation options that accommodate both onsite and virtual participation. Presenters will have a choice to present onsite in Denver, or in a virtual presenter to virtual audience format. Additionally, we have moved Discovery Sessions to a completely virtual format in order to accommodate for social distancing needs in this presentation format.
The OLC/MERLOT Program Committee seeks proposals that reflect and showcase our vibrant community of practice – promoting theory, research, methodology and/or applied effective practices in online, blended, and digital teaching and learning. Both research and evidence-based proposals are encouraged for submission.
Timeline of Important Dates:
- Proposals due by 11:59pm ET September 23, 2020
- Notification of acceptance by November 9, 2020
- Deadline for presenters to accept is November 20, 2020
- Deadline for presenters to register is January 20, 2021
- Final date for presenters to edit abstracts is January 20, 2021
- Final presentation upload date is March 1, 2021
Notifications are sent to all presenters listed on each submission. All submissions are sent notification emails, regardless of acceptance status. Please be sure to “whitelist” emails from the @onlinelearning-c.org domain. If you do not receive a notification email by November 11, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to read through all of the information before you submit your proposal. Ensuring alignment with submission requirements and guidelines will positively affect the quality of your proposal.
- Align submission to the session type as shown on the Session Types and Details page. Be sure to align your abstract with any special requirements outlined in the session type requirements.
- Also pay close attention to the Selection Criteria located on this page. Presentations are selected according to ratings in five major categories:
- Relevance to the conference
- Audience Appeal
- Interactivity (Active Engagement)
- Alignment to Session Specific Criteria
* Presenters should include active engagement methodology during presentations to encourage audience/participants to ask questions
- Review the Track Descriptions to ensure your proposal aligns with the correct conference track. We have revisited and revised the tracks for OLC Innovate & Velocity 2021, so you will want to carefully review the track descriptions before you ensure you submit your proposal to the correct track.
- Review the Submission Checklist for proposal components, requirements and helpful tips.
- Review the Presenter FAQ.
- Note that each individual is limited to no more than three (3) submissions, including the roles of presenter, co-presenter, panelist, or workshop facilitator.
Step 1: Login or Create an OLC user account. You need to be logged in to your OLC user account in order to submit a proposal. Once you have logged in to your OLC user account, select “Conference Profile” from the left-hand sidebar menu. You will be directed to the OLC Conference Management System to submit your proposal and update your conference profile.
Step 2: Ask Co-presenters Ensure Their OLC Conference Profile is Complete. All additional co-presenters also need to have OLC conference user accounts and should be added to the proposal at the time of submission. Please keep in mind that once you have registered or submitted a paper, all conference-related information can be found here at the OLC Innovate 2021 website.
Step 3. Navigate to the Conference Management System. Proceed to the conference management system, you will be able to submit a proposal by clicking on “OLC Innovate 2021” in the top menu navigation within the CMS.
Step 4: Select the Correct Conference. Select “OLC Innovate 2021 > Submit Proposal” to begin.
Step 5: Submit Your Proposal. Fill out the submission form.
Step 6: Fill out/Update Your OLC Conference Profile. When submitting, all proposed presenters should include as much information as possible in your OLC conference profile, including name, title, affiliation, biography, a profile picture, and most current contact information. (*Note: Your conference profile is housed in the conference management system and is separate from your OLC user profile at this time.)
Step 7: Click “Save” to submit the submission form. Clicking save submits your proposal. Note: You may edit your proposal up until the submission deadline, after which all submissions are considered final.