Wait. Did we say, “celebrate?” Yes, we did. And we mean it.
We see you out there, working outrageous days and nights to bring quality online educational experiences to the students you serve. And we want to celebrate that with you. We’re thrilled to announce that the OLC Innovate 2021 Awards submission window is now open, and we invite you to share your work or the work of others you admire.
Do you feel strange about nominating yourself? Don’t. We want you to do it. We’re asking you to do it. We want to meet you, see and hear all about what you’re doing, and celebrate that work with you. Whether you win or not, this submission process is a celebratory process, and you will not experience it alone – let’s cheer each other on.
The OLC Effective Practice Awards recognize successful efforts that help make quality online education accessible and affordable for anyone, anywhere, at any time, and provide an opportunity for recipients to share effective techniques, strategies, and practices in online education. Did you help your campus shift to innovative online teaching in response to COVID19? Did you re-invent an online program to improve student outcomes and retention? What other magic did you make? Let’s hear it!
The OLC Equity and Inclusion Scholarship was established to provide access and opportunities to online learning professionals who are part of communities that are traditionally underrepresented and excluded in our field. Preference will be given to nominees who have made significant contributions to the field of digital, online, and blended education focused on equity and inclusion.
Recipients of each award will be recognized virtually at the OLC Innovate Awards Gala and with a commemorative plaque. OLC will also feature winners and their work to the OLC community for the purpose of creating a robust network of inspiration and collegiality.
- January 12, 2021 – Awards submission opens!
- February 11, 2021 – Submissions due
- Late February 2021 – Winners notified
- March 15 – 19 – OLC Innovate 2021
To apply for an OLC Effective Practice Award:
- Complete the OLC Innovate 2021 Effective Practice Awards Submission Template
- Assemble three (3) letters of support demonstrating how the practice addresses the five evaluation criteria
- Assemble the OLC Innovate 2021 Effective Practice Awards Submission Template and the three (3) letters of support into a single e-mail to Dr. Jessica Knott, Jessica.Knott@onlinelearning-c.org. Please use the subject line OLC Innovate 2021 Effective Practice Award Submission.
To apply for an OLC Equity and Inclusion Scholarship:
- Review the OLC Innovate 2021 Equity and Inclusion Scholarship checklist
- Assemble the OLC Innovate 2021 Equity and Inclusion Scholarship three (3) letters of support into a single e-mail to Dr. Jessica Knott, Jessica.Knott@onlinelearning-c.org. Please use the subject line OLC Innovate 2021 Equity and Inclusion Scholarship Submission.
Your work matters and even seemingly small projects can make a big difference in the lives of students. Let’s see what we can do to amplify, celebrate, and share it.