Become an Institutional Member
Setting the global standard in online and digital learning. OLC has been leading the way in advancing online and digital learning since 1999. We provide the research, resources and services to support the online learning strategy for the whole institution.
As an OLC Institutional Member, you will be part of and have access to the best tools, resources and thought leaders to ensure quality online teaching and learning for EVERYONE AT YOUR INSTITUTION! Membership benefits include webinars, peer networking, early access to research, access to OLC consulting, member pricing on professional development and OLC conferences and events, and more. Best of all, our globally-recognized Quality Scorecard – an exclusive process for measuring and quantifying elements of quality within online higher education programs – is free to Institutional and Corporate members.
Institutional Member Benefits:
- NEW: OLC Ideate recorded sessions access (members-only)
- NEW: Job Posting* in OLC Today weekly newsletter – 1 Month Free ($500 value)
- NEW: Promote your book – OLC will social post your book promotion**
- Free Webinars on online higher education topics
- Full use of the interactive OLC Quality Scorecard for evaluating your online programs
- Access to OLC’s Consulting Services
- Ability to get an official review of your online programs with OLC Quality Scorecard Review
- Ability to maximize the effectiveness of your digital learning programs with OLC Quality Scorecard Navigator
- Eligible to nominate for the OLC Fellows Program
- Display your OLC Institutional Member status with the OLC logo on your website and social sites upon approval by OLC Marketing (email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions)
- Member pricing (savings) on:
- All OLC Workshops – perfect for course designers, teachers, and administrators ($100 savings)
- OLC Mastery Series Programs ($150 – $175 savings)
- OLC Online Teaching Certificate, Advanced Online Teaching Certificate, and Instructional Designer Certificate ($350 – $500 savings)
- All OLC Conferences ($150 savings on registration): OLC Collaborate (regional events), OLC Innovate, and OLC Accelerate conferences
- Lowest pricing on OLC Workshops with OLC Workshop Pass (large scale, discounted workshop seats)
- All associates at your institution may access all membership (create account affiliated with your organization)
- Get a FREE OCICU MEMBERSHIP: The Online Consortium of Independent Colleges and Universities (OCICU) is a virtual academic consortium in which member institutions collaborate in sharing online, credit-bearing courses and programs. OCICU members can enter or expand the world of online education for their students while keeping technology and course costs low. All consortium members are regionally accredited, independent, not-for-profit, and liberal arts-focused like your institution. OCICU will waive the $3,500 membership application fee to OLC Institutional Members. This will allow OLC Institutional Members access to the course catalog of over 1,200 online courses with no upfront cost for the first year, other than paying the OCICU enrollment fee per course. Download flyer.
*Job Postings: 1 Free posting per annual Institutional Membership. Job title, university, and link to the full job description. Posted in 4 consecutive OLC Today weekly newsletters (audience of nearly 20,000 educators). Limited postings per newsletter issued on a first-come basis.
**Promote Your Book: 1 book social posted per year; OLC retweets your post upon approval of your book submission.
OLC membership fees are based on Total Full-Time Equivalent Student Enrollment (FTE) for an entire institution (not just online programs), and are student-only (not including faculty or staff). If you do not know your institution’s total full-time equivalent student enrollment, please contact your institution’s business office, or go online to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). At NCES, look up your institution in the College Navigator, and use the number for “student population.” Or look it up the NCES/IPEDS database. https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator or https://nces.ed.gov//ipeds If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Pricing is broken down by the type of institution or system and then by tier: 5,000 students, between 5,000-19,999, between 20,000-39,999, and 40,000+. Membership Types and Notes on Pricing.
ANNUAL PRICING BREAKDOWN:
|Provider Type||Membership Prices|
|FTE: Total Full-Time Equivalent Student Enrollment|
|Community Colleges (2-yr)||$1,440||$1,530||$1,800||$4,050|
|Institutions Serving Special Populations||$1,280||$1,360||$1,600||$3,600|
|Institutions Serving Special Populations (2-yr)||$1,120||$1,190||$1,400||$3,150|
|Systems & Consortiums|
|System Institutions (2-yr)||$1,120||$1,200||$1,440||$3,200|
|State & Regional Offices||$3,000|
|Non-Profit Associations & Organizations||$1,500|
Find out how OLC Institutional Members are using their member benefits to enhance and strengthen their universities – and themselves!
With our vast geographic challenges, OLC provides a valuable way for our staff and faculty to engage in meaningful learning by connecting with colleagues globally.
Sarah Frick, Lead Instructional Designer, University of Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula College (Membership)