DAILY UPDATE for Friday, April 5
IMPORTANT UPDATES for our Conference Attendees
Please be sure to read through all of the updates below in order to be fully informed and prepared for next week’s events.
Conference Registration Desk – Aurora Registration
Friday, April 5:
7:30am – 12:00pm
We hope you enjoy your final day at OLC Innovate! Thank you again the entire steering committee, track chairs, and others involved with planning this event. Mark your calendars now and plan to join us at OLC Innovate 2020 (March 31 – April 3, 2020), at the Sheraton Grand Chicago!
Don’t forget that our next conference is OLC Accelerate 2019 (November 19-22, Orlando). Join us in our commitment to accelerating online learning worldwide – the call for proposals is open until May 22, 2019 and registration is now open!
Yoga, Serenity Lodge, and Meditation
Take advantage of the Serenity Lodge (Mitzner Boardroom) for some quiet, reflective time throughout the conference. Start off your conference day with a meditation or yoga session to decompress, reconnect mind and body, and practice some self-care.
Yoga Style or Meditation
|Friday, 4/5||6:30am – 7:30am||Spruce 1||Slow Flow Yoga*|
|Friday, 4/5||7:30am – 8:00am||Mitzner Boardroom||Meditation**|
Friday Keynote: Campfire Stories, 8:30am – 9:30am, Adams Ballroom
Friday’s closing keynote session at OLC Innovate 2019 (#OLCInnovate) highlights a speaker series we call Campfire Stories. Our featured speakers will each tell a personal story that answers the question, “How have you successfully moved or scaled mountains in your professional life?” Our #OLCInnovate Campfire Stories strive to introduce you to the concepts of innovation as well as to inspire you to think further about the conference experience. The theme of the conference is Education Reimagined, and the Campfire Stories build on that, as moving mountains gets reimagined through these deeply personal testimonies.
Breakfast will be available beginning at 7:30am and continuing to the end of the keynote at 9:30am.
Regular concurrent sessions begin at 9:45am today.
Innovation Studio “Escape Room”, 9:45am – 12:30pm, Juniper C
Join others in completing the OLC Innovate Escape Room (#OLCEscapeRoom) – a fun challenge and puzzle-based experience that unites participants around collaboration and strategy – new to the Innovation Studio this year is an EdTech themed Escape Room! Each member of the winning team (max 10 members per team) will receive a $25 OLC gift card and some fun OLC swag!
Closing Event: The Importance Of ‘Moving Mountains’ In Online Teaching And Learning, 12:30pm – 1:00pm, Spruce Lobby
Join us for a wrap-up of Innovate 2019! Mingle with your fellow attendees as OLC CEO Kathleen Ives and MERLOT Executive Director Gerry Hanley bid you adieu and lead the celebration and concluding remarks. 2019 Conference Co-Chairs Clark Shah-Nelson and Ben Scragg will present closing comments on the importance of ‘moving mountains’ in online teaching and learning in 2019 and beyond. Light refreshments will be served at this fun and casual event.
Today’s Featured Sessions
- Blending Apprenticeships And Online Education, 9:45am – 10:30am, Juniper A
- Looking Into A Digital Mirror For An Interactive Reflection On Student Engagement In Online And Blended Learning, 9:45am – 10:30am, Juniper B
Friday OLC Live! Interviews:
- 7:45am – 8:15am: Goodbye Breakfast Reflection
- 9:45am – 10:30am: Future of the OLC
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm: Woman on the Street: Escape Room
- 12:30pm – 1:00pm: Woman on the Street: Bye Denver!
Friday Special Events:
- 8:45am – 9:30am: OLC Ranger Talk-about (Fri), departs from the Ranger Station in Aurora Foyer
View On-Demand Recordings of the Live Streamed Sessions, Presenter Presentation Files, and More!
Activate Your Access to Conference Materials
Ensure you have access to all the uploaded session materials and streamed session recordings.
- Log in to your OLC website user account, then click the “Activate” button below to access session materials and streams.
- Select “Program” or “Streamed Sessions” from the “Activate” landing page. “Program” will direct you to the full program; “Streamed Sessions” will direct you to only those sessions that are being streamed.
- Click on the desired session title to view session details.
- You will find an orange “Watch This Session” button in the top right of the page of each session that is being streamed. If the session is not being streamed, there will not be a “Watch” button.
- Presenter-provided session materials (if available) can be downloaded by clicking on the orange “Session Materials” button. If there is no button, the presenter has not yet uploaded their materials.
Note: You must be logged in to your OLC user account to view the “Watch This Session” button on the streamed sessions.
A step-by-step procedure of how to access and view the streamed session recordings may be found on our FAQ page (in the Virtual Conference FAQ section).
For easier access to the streaming program as well as crowd-sourced tips for enjoying the streaming portion of the conference, visit the new Virtual Hub page.
Additional Items of Note
- Please note that hotel check-out today is 11:00am. You may check your bags for storage with the bell stand in the hotel lobby.
- A boarding pass printing station, located in the exhibit hall near the conference registration desk, is available for use by all conference attendees.
- You will receive a post-conference survey email as you head home today. Please take a moment to complete the short survey and provide your constructive feedback, as well as to be entered into a prize drawing.
- Thank you again to all of our OLC conference sponsors and exhibitors, with special thanks to our National Sponsors for their support of OLC 2019 conferences, as well as National Webcasting Partner Sonic Foundry for providing the live-stream and on-demand recordings of webcast sessions to all attendees!