Recognition as an OLC Fellow is conferred upon individual members of the Online Learning Consortium by the OLC Board of Directors for outstanding work with online learning, extraordinary contributions to the field, and/or distinguished service to OLC. Special attention is given to an individual’s contributions in one or more areas represented by the OLC Pillars.
Recipients will be recognized at the next OLC Accelerate conference.
Nominations and Submissions
Fellow recognition is an honor that an individual cannot seek. Rather, a nomination must be initiated by another OLC Fellow, an OLC individual member, or an individual affiliated with an OLC institution.
A Fellow Selection Committee will be appointed by the President of OLC and will have responsibility for managing the nomination process, for evaluating all nominations submitted, and for recommending a limited number of candidates to the Board of Directors for selection. The Fellow Selection Committee receives nominations, reviews credentials and recommends candidates for approval by the OLC Board of Directors.
OLC Fellow Nominations are evaluated on three primary criteria:
- Nominee contributions to and accomplishments in the field of online learning
- Nominee engagement and participation in the field of online learning
- Nominee engagement and participation with the Online Learning Consortium
Materials required for nomination:
- Nominee’s CV
- A detailed description of how the nominee meets the evaluation criteria.
- Three supporting letters that address the nominee’s qualifications for this award. No more than two letters may be from the same institution or community and none may be from current OLC Board Members, Fellows Selection Committee, OLC staff, or nominator.
Timeline of Important Dates:
April 13, 2020: Submissions open
July 31, 2020: Nominations due by 11:59pm ET
September 1, 2020: Nominees notified of award decisions
For additional information, please contact:
Director, Research Center
Online Learning Consortium
Sign up for email updates to get notified of award nominations and winners.