Travel Details for OLC Collaborate - New York
New York Marriott Marquis
New York, NY 10036
15 minutes away by foot (0.8 mi)
Rooms for OLC Collaborate attendees are available starting at a special event rate of $269/night++ for the nights of 8/06 and 8/07. In order to book night of 8/07, it is required to stay 8/06 as well.
NY State and local taxes are 14.75% and $3.50 occupancy tax per night. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card and are subject to Marriott’s cancellation policy.
Reservations can made by calling (212) 398-1900 or using the reservation link.
Reference “OLC Collaborate New York 2018” to get the group rate.
After July 9, 2018, rooms may be available at the hotel’s prevailing rate. Subject to availability.
All sessions will take place at Berkeley College, 12 East 41st Street, NY 10017.
Short walk from Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station/ Madison Square Garden. Longer walk/cab ride from Port Authority.
- There are several parking garages in the vicinity. We recommend using “Best Parking” app (IOS, Android) to see prices and locations of all nearby parking.
- At the hotel: Overnight for registered guests is $65 for cars, $75 for SUVs, $90 for oversized (example: F150s, Yukons, Suburbans, etc.) NYC has plenty of pre-reserved parking options nearby that people could also use.
New York City Airports
Visitors can fly into any of the 3 local airports:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
If you are coming from either Boston or Washington, DC, there are several bus options (Megabus, Boltbus, Vamoose, to name just a few) that are comfortable and easy to use, many of which drop passengers off right near Penn Station.
- We recommend making use of NYC’s extensive public transportation options to get around the city. Berkeley College campus is a short walk from Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station/ Madison Square Garden.
- You can also use Uber, Lyft, or taxi.
- Via ride-share app is also popular with locals getting around the city.
There is a lot to do in and around New York City! Berkeley is just a couple of blocks from Times Square.
Here are a few ideas and links to get you started. Make a few days of it!
- Broadway is the bright beating heart of the NYC’s performing arts scene. No visit to the City is complete without experiencing the rousing entertainment available in Midtown Manhattan’s Theatre District, where dozens of historic venues stage bold new musicals, long-running hits and fascinating dramas every night of the week.
- Breathtaking views from Top of the Rock, the Empire State Building and One World Observatory. Exhibits from throughout history at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Brooklyn Museum and New York Hall of Science. Thrilling performances at Lincoln Center, BAM and Barclays Center. Attractions in NYC suit all tastes.
- New York City’s museums and galleries are some of the City’s most powerful draws. Destinations like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the American Museum of Natural History and the Whitney Museum of American Art house immense collections and put on spectacular exhibitions. Couple these with the wide array of galleries around town, and a trip to NYC becomes a visually stunning experience.
Whatever your retail pleasure, you’ll find it in NYC. Stores across the five boroughs carry the finest in luxury apparel, plus gourmet goods, books, tech, gear and much more. There’s a reason why the City is known as a global shopping capital. With so many possibilities, there’s just one problem—where to begin?
Your eating choices in New York City are as limitless as your cravings. Want a 15-course tasting menu at the latest trendsetting restaurant? A porterhouse for two at an old-timey steakhouse? A plateful of Chinese dumplings? The City has thousands of places featuring cuisines from around the world.