Schedule at a Glance
- Aug 29 – Reflecting on 25 Years with the OLC Board with Patsy Moskal, Michael Torrence, Frank Mayadas and Karen Swan | Watch the Recording
- Sep 26 – Top 10 Things to Get From the Conference with Guest Host Kelvin Thompson | Watch the Recording
- Oct 24 – A Chat with the Track Chairs and Best in Track Winners | Watch the Recording
- Nov 14 – Pack Your Bags! Last Minute Meet Up with Ann Musgrove, Phylise Banner, Sherri Restauri and Tracy Cosker | Watch the Recording
Tuesday, Nov 19, 2019
- 8:30-9:30am – Session 1: Asia
- 10:00-11:00am – Session 2: Africa
- 11:30-12:30pm – Session 3: Europe
- 1:00-2:00pm – Session 4: South America
- 2:30-3:30pm – Session 5: North America
- 7:45-8:45pm – Session 6: Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019
- 11:00-12:00pm – Space Station Salon with Adam Croom and Ben Scragg
- 3:00-3:45pm – Virtual Speed Networking Lounge with Sarah Clark
- 3:45-4:45pm – Intergalactic Design Battle
Thursday, Nov 21, 2019
- 10:30-11:15 – Virtual Speed Networking Lounge with Sarah Clark
- 2:00-3:00pm – Virtual Speed Networking Lounge with Sarah Clark
- 3:45-4:45pm – Intergalactic Escape Room
Friday, Nov 22, 2019
- 10:30-11:15am – Space Station Salon with Remi Kalir
- 12:30-1:00pm – Live Stream for Closing Celebration (Pending Connectivity and Ability to Film and Sip Mimosas)
Pre-Conference Town Halls
This series of informal, unconference style chats on Zoom highlights different aspects of the conference and tips and tricks for successfully getting the most out of your OLC Accelerate experience. We will highlight the theme of 25 years in celebration of the OLC annual conference 25th Anniversary, and hear from old and new friends within the community about how they’ve benefited from their connections to the organization.
Did you miss the live sessions? No worries! Catch these recordings:
- 8/29 – Reflecting on 25 Years with the OLC Board: Patsy Moskal, Michael Torrence, Frank Mayadas and Karen Swan | Watch the Recording
- 9/26 – Top 10 Things to Get From the Conference with Guest Host: Kelvin Thompson | Watch the Recording
- 10/24 – A Chat with the Track Chairs and Best in Track Winners | Watch the Recording
- 11/14 – Pack Your Bags! Last Minute Meet Up with Ann Musgrove, Phylise Banner, Sherri Restauri and Tracy Cosker | Watch the Recording
Online International Summit
This free, fully-online virtual conference will both span the globe and all time zones. Inviting teams of designers, educators and online learning practitioners to come together representing each continent (minus Antarctica!), these 1-hour sessions will explore the theme of OPENNESS. Each session will include a short provocation and then a collaborative activity, with the findings compiled into a white paper where all contributors will be listed as authors. Join us as we capture the spirit of the global conversation on open education.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
- 8:30-9:30am – Session 1: Asia with Katsuke Shigeta
- 10:00-11:00am – Session 2: Africa with Dhanjay Jhurry and Maha Bali
- 11:30-12:30pm – Session 3: Europe with Frank de Langen
- 1:00-2:00pm – Session 4: South America with Tel Amiel
- 2:30-3:30pm – Session 5: North America with Terry Greene and Robin DeRosa
- 7:45-8:45pm – Session 6: Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands with Kate Bowles and Sara Lambert
Space Station Salons
Led by Angela Andromeda and Clark OV Saturn, join your hosts in the future from the OLC Space Station in the year 2525, where they will host chats with special guests themed around the future of online education.
- Wed. Nov 20 from 11:00-12:00pm Eastern
Adam Croom and Ben Scragg will join the group in a discussion around boldly awaking the ordinary with visual design practices.
Fri. Nov. 22 from 10:30-11:15am Eastern
Remi Kalir Session will lead a discussion on open educational practices, including the power of annotation in a variety of educational contexts.
Intergalactic Design Battle
Get inspired with a friendly (yet fierce!) competition of epic awesomeness that is the Intergalactic Design Battle! Join us as teams from around the world create a solution to a design challenge á la shows Iron Chef and Chopped. Want to help judge the event? You got it!
Intergalactic Escape Room
Think you’ve got what it takes to solve your way out of a sticky situation? Well then jump right in and put your mad skills to the test in this virtual version of supreme fun. You’ll have only 20 minutes to solve your way out of this conundrum and bring a critical repair pack up to the Space Station.
The event begins on Thu, Nov 21 at 3:45PM Eastern Time and ends at 4:45. You can enter the room at any time after 3:45PM, but to play, you must enter the room no later than 4:20PM Eastern Time. After that, you’re invited to join in on the after party for the escape artists.
Virtual Speed Networking Lounge
Do you have #FOMO (fear of missing out) over the coffee breaks and informal connections from the face-to-face conference? Connect with other virtual participants in between sessions in the OLC Live Virtual Lounge with conversations on topics sparked by the presentations at the conference.
- Wed Nov 20 from 3:00-3:45pm – Pedago.me
- Thu Nov 21 from 10:30-11:15am – Games
- Thu Nov 21 from 2:00-3:00pm – Annotation
In the spirit of collaborative sharing of knowledge, we’ve built several of the events within OLC Live around the theme of open annotation. Join us at any of the events below to participate and see the ways that you can contribute to the many layers of knowledge sharing built around open pedagogy.
- Tue Nov 19 from 8:30am-8:45pm – Online International Summit
- Wed Nov 20 from 3:45-4:45pm – Intergalactic Design Battle
- Thu Nov 21 from 2:00-3:00pm – Virtual Speed Networking Lounge with Jeremy Dean
- Thu Nov 21 from 3:45-4:45pm – Intergalactic Escape Room
- Fri Nov 22 from 10:30-11:15am – Space Station Salon with Remi Kalir
#WeAreOLC initiative seeks to weave the narrative threads together of how we practice, sharing our stories for good. Exploring the stories shared before and during the conference as an oral history of the OLC, we’ll use data visualization and multimodal compositions to paint the picture of who we are, what we do, and where we are going. These artifacts will be shared out in various online spaces as a means of keeping the conversation going well after OLC Accelerate ends.
We hope you will join us for OLC Live. This is a hub set out to capture the spirit and energy from the conference in a free, fully-online environment. An add-on to the Virtual Attendee option at the conference, we hope you enjoy this series of sessions which allows participants to connect with conference speakers, and join featured conversations with other virtual attendees.
How to Get Involved
Want to help us as a volunteer with any of the aforementioned initiatives? We’d love to have your help, both on-site and virtual, in any capacity. Reach out to Angela Gunder (email at email@example.com or DM on Twitter @angelagunder) or Clark Shah-Nelson (email at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM on Twitter @clarkshahnelson) and let them know.