Online Teaching Assistant's improve Student Outcomes & ROI
Concurrent Session 3
How the Institute for Statistics Education has effectively used TA’s to deliver a quality curriculum in data science at low cost.
Automation & AI can only take institution's so far in restructuring higher ed, there will always be a role for humans. The Institute for Statistics Education will present its experience, spread over 10 years, of how treating Teaching Assistant's as a business process has helped improve the effectiveness of the teaching process, improve student outcomes and boost ROI.
The specific aspects that we will touch upon are:
- Reduce the burden on the instructor, allows us to recruit top people
- Rapid turnaround on homework grading
- Provide different tiers of TA support
- Homework grading
- Offer junior/senior instructor model
- Serve as instructor in some cases
- Facilitate Institute control over the whole instructional process