Leadership in Online Learning Mastery SeriesTrack : Online Management
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : No
Please note: Workshop passes and coupons do not apply to this offering.
The Leadership in Online Learning Mastery Series focuses on organizational structure, policy and common funding models related to online learning programming at the institutional level. Through a series of modules, you will explore topics relevant to online administrators, using evidence-based research into best practices to help you establish and stabilize strategic, manageable growth of online learning initiatives within your institution while maintaining a competitive edge. You will analyze various models employed by successful institutions to determine which model is best suited to the needs of your institution. Along with other university administrators, you will share ideas about emerging issues in online education, including standards for credit hours, state authorization requirements, security, and intellectual property. Finally, you will align your institution’s mission, goals, and values with a plan for implementing successful online learning programs, with consideration for budgeting and finance.
- Analyze models for successful characteristics applicable to all institutions
- Develop an institutional plan formulated on models suited to your instruction
- Describe strategic questions surrounding educational policy as they relate to your institution
- Evaluate tools and resources to track policy changes
- Describe best practices in online budgets and investments
- Develop a realistic plan for financial success in online and blended programming
Successful participants will receive a PDF certificate of completion and a digital badge of completion via Credly. Please note that badges will not be issued for programs prior to 2018.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE SERIES RESULTS IN RECOGNITION OF MASTERY OF LEADERSHIP FOR ONLINE EDUCATION.
GROUP RATES ARE AVAILABLE AT SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS FOR 5 OR MORE PARTICIPANTS. PLEASE CONTACT SALES@ONLINELEARNING-C.ORG FOR DETAILS.
Administrative experience in higher education; plus one-year online teaching experience or New To Online: The Essentials workshop series.
Note: Each module is one week long. Between each module, there will be a three-week break to give you time to complete some self-guided research and reflect on your learning.
Online Leadership I: Organizational Structure
This module will provide you with the structures and models for quality online education. This module examines models of online learning through the lens of access, faculty satisfaction, student satisfaction, learning effectiveness, and scale in relation to cost-effectiveness and commitment. You will analyze successful institutional and programmatic models and structures in order to determine organizational models which can be effectively initiated to address your individual or institutional needs.
- Analyze models for successful characteristics applicable to all institutions.
- Develop an institutional plan formulated on models suited to your institution.
Online Leadership II: Policy
Student demand for flexible learning options, challenges to the Carnegie seat-time principles, credit hour standards, state authorization, transparency and proficiency questions, security, intellectual property concerns, and accreditation are some of the issues you may be facing in this dynamic arena. This module discusses the implications that these emerging trends in education will have on you, the policymakers and educators, while offering strategies for coping and succeeding as education leaders.
- Describe Strategic Questions Surrounding Educational Policy as they relate to your institution.
- Evaluate Tools and Resources to Track Policy Changes.
Online Leadership III: Financials and Economics
Online and blended learning programs are providing increased access to education on a global basis. These programs are also supplying institutions with additional revenue streams. How do you maintain a competitive edge in this new world of education? What are the financial challenges that you are currently facing? What challenges do online and blended programming present for your institution? Online and blended programs can grow and expand your institutional presence, but you have to do this without negatively impacting existing services and programs. How can these programs be aligned with your institutional mission, vision, and values and still address the competition? This module will examine some of these issues while also addressing program sustainability and models for financial and economic success.
- Describe best practices in online budgets and investments.
- Develop a realistic plan for financial success in online and blended programming.
Who should take this series?
- Administrators of online learning programs and divisions
What are the key takeaways from this series?
- Design an institutional plan for deploying and managing online learning based on an understanding of effective models of quality online education
- Develop an understanding of what policies you need to develop in order to accommodate the emerging trends in online education
- Assemble a financial plan for budgeting and investments to support the successful implementation of online education
September 2019 Cohort Dates (September 11 - November 13, 2019)
- Module 1: September 11 - 18, 2019
- Reflect and Apply 1: September 19 - October 8, 2019
- Module 2: October 9 - 16, 2019
- Reflect and Apply 2: October 17 - November 5, 2019
- Module 3: November 6 - 13, 2019
$800 for members, $975 for non-members (includes all 3 modules; Workshop Pass coupons may not be used on any Mastery Series program)