In the past year, hundreds of us gathered at OLC Innovate 2019 and OLC Accelerate 2018 to share stories on how we might collectively create a more inclusive environment for individuals serving in and working towards leadership roles.
OLC Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Advocacy (IDEA) in leadership is at the heart of the mission of OLC. The efforts of the committee and the luncheon seek to support individuals in building and nurturing an inclusive and diverse team that is more innovative, collaborative, and responsive to the changing needs of their students and institutions. As a community, we are defining, understanding, and leveraging different types of diversity to increase student learning outcomes. During this year’s conference, we will engage in a luncheon where we will explore known and unknown barriers to building inclusive and diverse teams.
We are delighted to continue this mission at OLC Accelerate 2019 in November and want to invite you to join us for the OLC IDEA Leadership in Digital Learning Luncheon. The event is available to conference participants with a ticket, and will include:
- A spotlight on how this event has impacted our field
- An engaging salon-style chat with Dr. Melissa Vito, Interim Vice Provost of Academic Innovation at the University of Texas, San Antonio
- A networking activity connecting emerging and established leaders in digital learning on the themes generated from the previous events
- A call to action to continue the conversation on how we might continue to be advocates for diversity and equity in our field
Most importantly, the proceeds from your ticket support a scholarship fund that provides recipients with a 2019 OLC conference pass, hotel stay, and honorarium to cover travel costs.
We cannot wait to connect with you at the luncheon on Thursday, November 21, during the OLC Accelerate 2019 Conference. Grab a group of friends, get your tickets and join us!
- Time: 12:00pm-1:20pm.
- Location: Walt Disney World Dolphin, Northern Hemisphere C.
- Cost: Tickets are $55 for registered attendees, $65 for guests.
- Where to Buy: Purchase your tickets here.
With our minds and hearts combined, we can accomplish great things. We can empower ourselves and others. We can make a lasting, systematic change to the structures and cultures in academia that perpetuate disenfranchisement. But we can only do so if we all work together.
Please join us!