Managing Faculty WorkloadTrack : Online Management
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
While online faculty value the flexibility of online teaching, the reality of the 24/7 classroom can be daunting in terms of faculty workload and faculty burnout. In this workshop, you will explore research-based strategies to assist faculty in managing their time more effectively and in reducing the risk of burnout. You will review practical workload management tips and tools for both new and veteran faculty. Finally, you will develop a workload management plan that will help improve the online faculty experience.
- Describe strategies for managing administrative and teaching workload
- Develop a workload management plan for yourself or your faculty
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Time and workload management strategies for online faculty
- A discussion on the challenges to be aware of for effective workload management
- Examples of time management tools
- Completion of a workload management implementation worksheet
Who should attend?
- Faculty who teach online
- Deans and program chairs