Course Quality Review (OSCQR) - ID4Track : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : No
Please note: Workshop passes and coupons do not apply to this offering.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the OLC and Open SUNY Course Quality Review (OSCQR) rubric and process. They will discuss its pedagogical and research foundations, and review its course quality review standards and associated criteria. Participants will complete a formal course review using OSCQR and recommend improvements and institutional implementation strategies, and as a culminating activity will create a customized version of the OSQCR rubric to address the course quality needs at their institution. Upon completion of this course, successful participants will be a qualified OSCQR trainer, enabling them to train faculty at their own institutions.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering.
- Describe the OSCQR process and rubric components
- Analyze the OSCQR rubric criteria
- Apply the OSCQR rubric in an online course quality review
- Evaluate the results of an OSCQR review
- Compare the OSCQR rubric to other widely used course quality rubrics
- Critique the OSCQR rubric criteria for specific use at your institution
- Create a customized version of the OSCQR rubric based on your institutional quality needs
- Articulate the obstacles and implications of implementing OSCQR at your institution
Week 1: Tour of OSCQR
Week 2: Conduct a Course Review with OSCQR
Week 3: Evaluating OSCQR
Week 4: Customizing & Implementing OSCQR
Who Should Take this Program?
- Instructional designers who work directly with faculty in the course design and development process
- Librarians and multimedia specialists who also take on the role of an instructional designer
- Online faculty who also support online course design and development at their institution
At least one year of experience in supporting online course design and development in an instructional design capacity.
This 4-week course is part of the Instructional Designer Certificate Program, but may also be taken as an individual professional development offering. If participants decide to complete the full program by paying for each workshop individually, they have two years from the time that they enroll in their first course to complete the entire program (note that the bundle discount does not apply to this option).
Please note that coupons and workshop passes do not apply to this offering.
Individual Course Transfer Requests
- Participants enrolled may request to transfer to a later offering of the same workshop/course before the end of week 1 of the course. After the end of week 1, transfer requests will be charged an administrative fee of $350. This request cannot be made more than once.
- Transfer requests made after the course has ended will not be granted. Participants who do not successfully complete the course will have to re-take the course, which includes re-registering at the normal price. No refunds will be given.
Note that transferring to a later course entails re-submitting all work and participating in all weeks of the course, partial credits will not be given for individual weeks in a course. Requesting an additional transfer after the first request will result in an administrative fee of $350 (this request cannot be made more than once).