Essentials of the OLC Quality Course Teaching and Instructional Practice (QCTIP) ScorecardTrack : Online Management
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
The Quality Course Teaching and Instructional Practice (QCTIP) Scorecard is the latest addition to the OLC Quality Scorecard suite. This comprehensive rubric addresses primarily online pedagogy and instructional practices that online instructors can use to self-evaluate and improve practice. However, because good course design is inherent to good teaching, the QCTIP scorecard also addresses components of quality course design. This workshop will introduce the QCTIP Scorecard, provide some of the foundational research used in the development and cover the fundamentals of the quality rubric. There will also be an hour-long optional (recorded) live session where you will get a chance to meet your facilitator, Dr. Kaye Shelton, the QCTIP researcher, to ask further questions.
Online pedagogy, instructional design, best practices for teaching online
- Evaluate your online teaching practice in one category of the QCTIP rubric
- Identify strategies for improving online teaching practice
Format: This is a weeklong asynchronous workshop, with an optional one-hour synchronous (live) session with the facilitator. The workshop will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
Who should attend?
- All faculty teaching online
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- A better understanding of the Quality Course Teaching and Instructional Practice (QCTIP) Scorecard, including its development and applications
- A deeper review of the QCTIP Scorecard categories and associated quality indicators
- A personalized plan of improvement using one quality indicator or category of the QCTIP Scorecard