Implementing Open Educational Resources, Part 2Track : Online Tools
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
This workshop shares best practices and strategies for implementing the use and creation of open educational resources (OER) in an educational setting. The goal of this workshop is to develop a practical understanding of how to engage and support teaching faculty in adopting, adapting, and creating OER at a course and/or program level.
- Identify strategies to engage teaching faculty in adopting, adapting, and creating OER
- Create an OER implementation plan for a course and/or program
- Support OER faculty in implementing OER
Prerequisites: Some familiarity with OER concepts; while not required, the workshop "Exploring Open Educational Resources (Part 1)" is recommended
Format: This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- A review of different approaches to open educational resource (OER) adoption at an individual and institutional level
- Strategies for successful OER adoption at the course level
- Technical considerations for OER implementation
- A document outlining a proposal/plan for OER implementation at your institution
Who should attend?
- Instructional designers
- Educational technologists
- Program administrators