Strategies to Implement Augmented & Virtual Reality in EducationTrack : Online Design
Delivery Mode : Asynchronous Workshop
Levels : Intermediate,Advanced
Eligible for Online Teaching Certificate elective : Yes
Augmented reality and Virtual reality have been actively implemented in the classroom as a new way to motivate and engage students. In this workshop, you will discover and discuss best practices, suggestions, and lessons learned for incorporating AR/VR content in higher education institutions. You will have the opportunity to practice and evaluate mostly free or low-budget tools and apps that can be used to create original AR/VR content (with little or no programming) to view on mobile device, Google Cardboard, Oculus, or HTC Vive headsets.
- Identify the strategies and examples of integrating AR/VR course content
- Describe ways that AR/VR can be used in an educational context on your campus
- Evaluate tools and apps that can be used in creating AR/VR content or create content using an AR/VR tool
This is an asynchronous, week-long workshop which will begin on a Monday and end on the following Sunday. The workshop will require approximately 6-8 hours of work, including reading research-based articles, viewing presentations, engaging in online discussion forums, and submitting assignments. Total length of time to completion: 7 days.
What are the key takeaways from this workshop?
- Strategies to integrate AR/VR course content
- Examples of the use of AR/VR technology to create learning activities
- AR/VR tool evaluation framework
- A list of tools and apps that can be used in creating AR/VR content
Who should attend?
- Veteran online and blended faculty
- Instructional designers
- Instructional Technologists