IELOL GLOBAL Program Overview
Benefits of Attending
- Join a growing network of international professionals engaged in leadership in online learning
- Interact with national, regional and international-level leaders in the fields of higher and online education
- Experience leadership-development thinking in order to respond to digital learning opportunities
- Participate in an immersive, team-building case study
- Formulate a strategy for defining a vision for the future of digital learning within your institution
- Participate in a network of professionals and engage with a growing IELOL alumni community
- Receive a complimentary registration to the IELOL Masters Class: Pre-Conference Workshop which takes place just before the Online Learning Consortium’s Accelerate conference.
- Explore and define a personal understanding of leadership in digital and online learning
- Develop an understanding of the role of digital learning in a rapidly changing higher education context
- Conceptualize a leadership perspective to address institutional challenges to advancing digital and online learning in higher education
- Recognize and seize institutional opportunities for leadership in digital education
- Establish a network of international colleagues involved in a variety of digital and online education initiatives
- Identify the leading forces impacting higher education and digital/online learning globally
Who Should Attend
The IELOL program is designed for those in positioned-for-leadership roles within an individual’s institution with occupational titles such as manager, director, deputy director, deputy vice chancellor, etc., with leadership responsibilities related to digital and online learning initiatives.
IELOL is a four-part leadership development, blended-learning program that runs annually. The program is a cohort-based leadership development opportunity requiring a variety of individual, group, and team project work including a team-based case study. It is expected that participants fully participate in all aspects of the program in order to build community and maximize the potential of this program for all participants.
The 2020 program will begin in August with an online Pre-Immersion Experience, using the OLC learning management system. The Pre-Immersion Experience is designed to identify and focus attention on key leadership challenges in digital and online learning while building group dynamics.
The 2020 Immersion Experience will be held virtually in a synchronous format in October and will provide IELOL participants an opportunity to develop specific leadership skills, styles, networks, and strategies for leadership by understanding the dynamic forces in the field. This intensive experience is faculty-led with individual, small-group and team activities.
The third component, a three-week Post-Immersion Project phase, provides participants the opportunity to apply the skills learned during the Immersion Experience to a personal project at their institution. Senior-level mentoring and consulting is made available to support these projects.
The program culminates with the IELOL Masters Class, a pre-conference workshop at OLC Accelerate 2020 conference held in November in Orlando, FL. IELOL alumni are invited to attend this in-person workshop along with members of the current IELOL class.