While in Cape Town
On the University of the Western Cape Campus
IELOL 2020 meeting activities will occur at the School of Public Health (SOPH) , University of the Western Cape (UWC).
School of Public Health, UWC
The venue includes modern, spacious rooms for plenary sessions, a training facility, break-away rooms for group discussions and activities; and hosting of a cocktail event.
Participants will have convenient, free transportation from the Bella vista Lodge Bellville Cape Town, to the meeting and activity facilities daily.
UWC Map: See No. 15, SOPH
University of the Western Cape (UWC)
The University of the Western Cape is a national university, alert to its African and international context as it strives to be a place of quality, a place to grow. It is committed to excellence in teaching, learning and research, to nurturing the cultural diversity of South Africa, and to responding in critical and creative ways to the needs of a society in transition.
Drawing on its proud experience in the liberation struggle, the university is aware of a distinctive academic role in helping build an equitable and dynamic society. In particular it aims to:
- Advance and protect the independence of the academic enterprise.
- Design curricular and research programmes appropriate to its southern African context.
- Further global perspectives among its staff and students, thereby strengthening intellectual life and contributing to South Africa’s reintegration in the world community.
- Assist educationally disadvantaged students gain access to higher education and succeed in their studies.
- Nurture and use the abilities of all in the university community.
- Develop effective structures and conventions of governance, which are democratic, transparent and accountable.
- Seek racial and gender equality and contribute to helping the historically marginalised participate fully in the life of the nation.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for lifelong learning through programmes and courses.
- Help conserve and explore the environmental and cultural resources of the southern African region, and to encourage a wide awareness of these resources in the community.
- Co-operate fully with other stakeholders to develop an excellent, and therefore transformed, higher education system.
University of the Western Cape (UWC), Cape Town, South Africa
Places to visit in Cape Town
Cape Town is the number one tourist destination in South Africa. For information about the area, things to do, events, discounts, or to plan your trip, view:
South African Visa Requirements
Participants must visit the South African Department of Home Affairs website for visa requirements.