Overview Agenda for the IELOL Residency 2024
The IELOL 2024 Residency program* (the 2nd phase of the overall IELOL program), will take place this year from July 29 to August 1, 2024, onsite at University of North Carolina Charlotte. Attendance at the onsite Residency week in person in Charlotte, North Carolina is required for successful completion of the program.
*Please note that attendance at the IELOL Immersion is contingent upon application and admission into the overall IELOL program.
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) in collaboration with University of North Carolina Charlotte, will provide an intensive, comprehensive leadership development program to IELOL participants to expand the career pathways and networks of leaders in the field of digital and online education.
The Institute for Emerging Leadership in Online Learning (IELOL) is a unique blended-learning leadership development program sponsored by the Online Learning Consortium and University of North Carolina Charlotte. IELOL serves the development needs of emerging leaders responsible for a variety of online and digital learning initiatives.
Program Competencies* and Objectives
- Self-Awareness – Explore and operationalize a personal understanding of digital learning leadership across various institutional contexts
- Adaptability – Develop an understanding of the role of digital learning in a more complex and rapidly changing higher education environment
- Learning Agility – Conceptualize a leadership perspective to address institutional challenges to advancing digital learning in an increasingly hyper-competitive marketplace
- Entrepreneurial Leadership – Recognize institutional opportunities and strategic values inherent within digital education
- Collaboration – Identify and collaborate with strategic partners across the digital learning global landscape
- Network Thinking – Establish a network of national and international colleagues involved in a variety of digital education initiatives
*Program competencies were drawn from work published by the Center for Creative Leadership.
Monday, July 29 – Thursday, August 1
*Schedule to be posted for IELOL registered participants in the LMS site during the Online Immersion portion of the program.