Location | Lodging | Transportation
Online Learning Consortium IELOL Program On-Site Dates
- Start date: Monday, July 31, 2023 (8:00 am)
- End date: Thursday, August 3, 2023 (1:00 pm)
Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and lodging during the IELOL on-site week. We strongly recommend you make plans to arrive on Sunday, July 30 so you have time to prepare for an 8am start time on Monday morning.
On-Site Program Location
The IELOL on-site week will be held at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte in Charlotte, NC in two meeting locations.
The DuBois Center
The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City
320 E 9th Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
The primary site for the IELOL in Charlotte will be at the Dubois Center in Uptown Charlotte. The Dubois Center is a short, 3-block walk from the hotel.
- Short, 3-block walk from the hotel
- Parking at The DuBois Center
- Nearby pay-to-park options (see options under “Meting and Event Guests” section)
Student Union on Main Campus
Popp Martin Student Union on Main Campus
8845 Craver Road
Charlotte, NC 28202
One day during the IELOL week in Charlotte will be at the Popp-Martin Student Union on our main campus in the bustling and rapidly expanding University City section of town. We will be at the Union, which has the campus bookstore, Starbucks, and more. We will have a charter bus to take everyone from the hotel, but if you are not staying at the hotel and need directions, see below.
- IELOL will provide a bus between the hotel and the Union on the one day we meet at the Union
- Driving directions for those who are driving in each day
- Parking at the Student Union
- Visitor parking is available in the Union Deck: $15/day (M-F)
Participants are responsible for their own lodging during the IELOL on-site week. Please use the booking link below for special room pricing details for the hotel for IELOL participants. The deadline to make your reservation is 5pm ET Sunday, July 9, 2023.
The SpringHill Suites in Uptown Charlotte is located just steps away from the Dubois Center where most of the IELOL events will be held. It is also conveniently located near the bus and light rail stations, which are each one block from the hotel. Uptown Charlotte is about 20-25 minutes from the airport.
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Uptown
311 East 5th Street/ Charlotte, NC, 28202
T 704.439.8112 (ext 7162) F 704.439.8101
Parking at the SpringHill Suites hotel
- Use the hotel’s physical address – 311 E 5th Street – for correct directions via GPS/Maps apps
- Valet parking is available at the hotel: $30/day
Travel to Charlotte, NC
Participants are responsible for transportation to and from the airport to the hotel. Transportation options are extensive, including local (bus, ridesharing, taxi cab, shuttles, and rails), national bus travel, out-of-town transportation, and vehicles for hire.
Getting to the hotel:
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is about 20 (8 miles) minutes from the hotel.
- Taxi & Rideshare options are available from airport
- Public Transportation
- Route 5 Sprinter Bus goes to/from the Charlotte Transportation Center, which is approx. 900’ by foot from the entrance to the hotel
- Every 20 mins M-F, 30 mins Sa/Su
- Info, schedule, fares